Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 13 Storytelling:Strange sound

There was a young girl her name is Sarah. She was 18 years old. Sarah was a very kind, beautiful, and smart girl. But she was not happy in her life. There was something did not make her live happily. The problem was that Sarah was always having dreams at night and in the next day they became true.

In the beginning, she was so happy with that where she was able to know what would happen with her in the next day. For instance, she was always telling her friends to not go to school in some days because the teacher is absent in that day or sometime she knew that would be a pop quiz in school in the next day so she was studying hard before the quizzes and test and got straight A’s in all her classes.

Moreover, one day she had a dream  that she would have an accident in her car in the next day and unfortunately that was what happened. Since  that day, Sarah started to see bad dreams instead of the good ones. And the big problem was that all the dreams became true.

After a month or so, Sarah heard a girl sound was talking in her head and always told her to not do the bad things. The sound  kept telling Sarah that it would help her in life and not hurt her ever.

The young girl thought that was just an illusion, then she tried to ask the sound something to see if that was an illusion or not. Sarah said I would go to my friend house and what she would be wearing? 
After she asked the question, she heard the answer very quickly from the girl sound:” she would be wearing a red dress. The surprise was the she found her friend wearing the red dress when she visited her. In the next day, Sarah asked the girl sound if she was a fairy and the sound said no.

Two or three years passed and Sarah still did not know what to do with that sound and how to make it left her mind. She did not want to tell anybody about it because she knew that no one would believe her and maybe some people would say that she was a crazy girl.

Sarah’s life was changed where she was not able to sleep at night and did not eat her food or even go to school. And one day she decided to tell her mum the whole story wishing to find some help from her. The mother was completely shocked and tried to understand what happened with her daughter. Then the mother said: we should go to see the doctor if he could help us. After that day Sarah stopped sending me letters or talked to me to know what happened with her after that day.

Sarah hearing the sound 

 Author’s note:

I read the Jacobs unit for this week and one of the stories that I liked is “The Language of Animals”. This is a story about a man how knows the animal language. And the animals always tell him what is going to happened, but his dad did not believe him and spoke to a robber to kill his son in the forest. The robber did not kill the lad. And the man was made pope of all Christendom in Rome. In my story I just used the idea of hearing new sounds to come up with my story and hopefully I did good story for this week.

Bibliography: Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs and illustrated by John Batten (1916).

1 comment:

  1. I’m going to be honest, I loved the setup. I got really excited when you said her dreams come true. It’s such an interesting story! I absolutely love it! The entire story is interesting. I don’t know what’s happening with Sarah but I am a little upset that I don’t get to know the ending. It’s such a great story but I need to know what happens to Sarah!

    ReplyDelete