Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week 10 Storytelling: Why are dogs so smart?

One day, a dog was lost in the woods and he was very afraid to see a lion coming toward him.  The Dog said to himself, "I am going to die today; the lion will not leave me alive." And while he was thinking, he saw some bones on the ground around him.  And a great idea came to his mind. He took one of the bones and sat with his back to the lion and pretended to be amused licking the bones and began to scream, and to belch loudly and started saying, "Wow, the bones of the lion really delicious. If I get more of them today I will go to celebrate this wonderful day." When the lion heard what the dog was saying, he got afraid and said to himself, “This dog hunting lions and I have to run away and save my life.” Then the lion ran away from the dog very quickly.


At that time, there was a monkey on a tree watching the entire game.  After thinking for a while, he said to himself, "This is a good opportunity to make the lion my friend and I have to tell him about this game.” The monkey was trying to make the lion his friend and thus he will not be afraid of him anymore.

The monkey ran toward the lion to disclose the dog game to him. The dog was seeing the monkey running behind the lion and he realized that something bad will happen to him.
  
The monkey told the lion everything and explained to him how the dog deceived him.   The lion roared loudly and said to the monkey, “you should ride my back and we need to go to see the dog quickly.”

The dog was very intelligent and he sat down again with his back to the lion and began to speak loudly: "This monkey took a long time. It's been a full hour and he still unable to bring me another lion for the dinner today"
When the lion heard that, he threw the monkey from his back and devours him as a punishment for treason.

And since the day everybody knows that dogs are very smart animals even if they are not that smart. But because of the intelligence of this dog in that day, he was able to win in the game and save his life even if the lion is very strong animal.



Dog

Author’s note:

I did my reading this week over the Great Plains unit. And I really enjoyed reading it. One of the stories talked about why the deer has a blunt teeth and how the deer got his horns. And I thought that would be interesting to know why the dogs are so smart and what made the people know that all dogs are so smart, so I decided to write a story to explain why dogs are so smart. 



1 comment:

  1. Hello, Christian! I really like the title for this story. I think you did a great job at attracting reader's attention. I totally agree that dogs are so smart. I think it was so creative that you created a whole new story about the dogs after you read about the story about the deer. I also loved how you used repetitive sentences in the story, it made me feel like I was reading a poetry! Great job!

    ReplyDelete