Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Un-Textbook choices overview:

After browsing the different units in the Un-textbook, I have decided that I want to start reading Arabian nights for week 2 reading and Alice in wonderland for the week 3 reading.

Arabian nights: I have always enjoyed the “Arabian nights “stories and think I am going to really like reading this unit. I also read about Scheherazade before, so I am so excited to read and learn more.
This is picture of  Scheherazade telling a story

Alice in wonderland: this is story was one my favorite stories when I was a little child and that’s why this unit caught my eye immediately. It will be very interesting to read more stories about Alice in wonderland in the Un-textbook .

Other reading that have grabbed my attention to read in the future: 

Robin hood: I think I am familiar with story due to the stories that I read before, but I really want to read this book to compare it with what I already know and see if I really know the original story of robin hood or not.

Egyptian myth:   when I was browsing this unit, I found that it is an interesting unit to read about. And I just want to read   more about the ancient Egyptian myths and stories .


1 comment:

  1. Hi Christina! I just saw your post: I am excited you want to read the Nights. It is one of the best story collections ever. For Week 2, though, please choose something from the CLASSICAL or BIBLICAL list, okay? That is here: Week 2: Classical - Biblical. There is some really great reading in those units. Maybe you would enjoy the Odyssey! The stories in the Odyssey show up in the Arabian NIghts in connection with Sindbad: Sindbad has many of the same adventures that Odysseus did.

    ReplyDelete