Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 1: Famous Last Words

In the first week of this class, I read more than one story. There were short and interesting. the great thing after reading each story is there was a moral where everyone can learn from it something and make him think more deeply. I remember I did my reading over a story about a friend left his friend alone when he needed him. The title of the story is “Two Travelers and a Bear “and it talks about two men were traveling in company through a forest, when, all at once, a huge Bear crashed out of the brush near them. One of the Men, thinking of his own safety, climbed a tree. The other, unable to fight the savage beast alone, threw himself on the ground and lay still, as if he were dead. He had heard that a Bear will not touch a dead body. And the moral of the story is “misfortune is the test of true friendship”. I really liked that we had the opportunity to change whatever we want in the original story to create our own. That is gave me some space to extend the story in the way I felt it could be useful to give the same moral for the original story. writing in this style keep me comfortable when I am writing, where I tell the story without going to tell every detail in the story like how the characters look like or describing  how was the bear look like or if the day was sunny day or rainy day. I always like to focus in the idea of the story and try to tell it to the reader in the shortest way I can do because sometime when I read a very long story or novel and it has many details I feel bored very quickly. I do not like to spend like five minutes reading details where they do not add anything to the idea. The reason I am doing this right now because I still not a very good writer and have enough experience in writing stories, so I cannot attract the reader’s attention for to many time just to read details in my writing. But overall I loved this experience of writing and I will keep working in that during this semester and trying to learn how to do different styles of writing.


image information: this image from the story that i read this week 

No comments:

Post a Comment